Request a pickup online, transmitted directly to the origin service center.
Click here to request a pickup online.
The following information provides a step-by-step guide on how to use this feature as well as a list of common questions.
Completing a Pickup Request
Note: Only the fields marked in red are required to request a pickup from ABF. If available, the optional information may be entered to help ABF in the billing and shipment planning process.
- Select your affiliation with the shipment. If you are the party shipping the freight, select "Shipper". If you are the party receiving the freight, select "Consignee". If you are a third party, select "Third Party". You may select any combination of the three selections. Select whether the shipment will be "Prepaid" or "Collect".
- Enter your contact information including name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Enter shipper information in the spaces provided.
- Select the date at which the shipment will be picked up. You can do this by entering the date or by clicking on the calendar icon and selecting the desired date.
- Select the time at which the shipment will be available for pickup, the time at which the pickup location will open, and the time at which the pickup location will close. You may also enter the ABF pro number and any special instructions for the pickup in this section.
- You may enter the consignee and third party information in the spaces provided. Remember, this information is not required to request a pickup from ABF.
- You may enter the number and type of handling units for the shipment. For example, if you are shipping 2 pallets with a total of 50 cartons you will enter 2 PLT, 50 CTN.
- Be sure to check "Haz" if your shipment is hazardous.
- Click "+" to enter additional commodity lines.
- Enter the Bill of Lading number for the shipment. You can also enter a PO number and other customer reference numbers in this section.
- Click "+" to enter additional reference numbers.
- Check all additional service options that apply to your shipment (e.g., Inside Pickup, Sorting and Segregating).
- If you would like a copy of the pickup request e-mailed, select the party or parties that should receive the request. You may also enter an additional e-mail address that you would like to receive a copy of the pickup request.
- If you would like a confirmation of the pickup e-mailed, select the party or parties that should receive the confirmation. You may also enter an additional e-mail address that you would like to receive a confirmation of the pickup.
- Click the "Request a Pickup" button to submit your pickup request. When the request is submitted, you will have the option to complete a bill of lading based on the pickup request information.
- How can I use my templates or previous pickup requests?
- You must logon to the ABF Web site with your ABF account number and password. If you need a password, follow the link on the home page to the password request page or contact your ABF account manager.
- Where does the pickup request go?
- The request is entered into ABF's Pickup Request System and is routed to the ABF Service Center that serves the origin zip.
- Will ABF notify me when the pickup is made?
- Yes. You are required to supply your e-mail address to receive notification of pickup.
- Can I submit a pickup request to be made today?
- Yes; however, the request must be made before 2:00pm CST, Monday thru Friday.
- Can I submit multiple pickup requests?
- Yes. After you submit your first pickup request, simply click on the "Another Pickup Request?" button.
- How can I get a copy of my pickup request?
- In the Copy section check the box that applies to your affiliation with the shipment. If you are not the Shipper, Consignee, or Third Party you may also enter your e-mail address in the field provided.
- How can I fax a copy of my pickup request?
- You can send a fax of your pickup request by clicking Internet Explorer's "File" menu (Alt-F) and selecting the "Print" (CTL-P) option. You must previously set you printer options to point to your fax machine.
- What if I do not know the zip code or the exact name of a city?
- In all sections of the ABF Web site that require a location entry, you may provide a zip code or the city/state combination. If you do not know the zip code or the exact spelling of the city, simply enter the first few letters of the city and select the state. After you submit the form, you will be given a list of city/state combinations to select from that match your entry.