Rate Quotation is used to obtain a rate quotation with advertised transit times by providing origin and destination zips, along with weight and class information.
Click here to use the Rate Quotation feature.
The following information provides a step-by-step guide on how to use this feature as well as a list of common questions.
- Select country and enter zip code OR city/state for the origin and destination location. If you are the shipper and would like to bring the shipment to the origin terminal, check this option. There is also an option for the Consignee to pick the shipment up at the destination terminal.
- Select the date the shipment will be picked up.
- Check "Shipper Load" if the shipper will be loading the freight and/or check "Consignee Unload" if the consignee will be unloading the freight.
- Depending on the shipment, you may need to enter the length, width, and height of the total shipment in feet. You may also enter the cube in cubic feet.
- Choose the kind of information you would like from the quotation. You can select to receive a quote for the specified shipment, a line of rates for every class that you select, or a line of rates for all classes available.
- You may choose to enter the number and type of handling units for the shipment; however, this information is not required. For Example, if you are shipping two pallets with a total of 50 cartons you will enter 2 PLT, 50 CTN.
- You must enter the weight in pounds of the shipment as well as the class.
- If the information is available, you may also choose to enter the NMFC item/sub and/or a description of the shipment.
- Be sure to check "Hazmat" if your shipment is hazardous.
- Click "+" to enter additional commodity lines. If you have more than one commodity line, you can click "Remove" to remove that particular commodity line.
- Check all additional service options that apply to your shipment (i.e. Special Services or Accessorials).
- Click "Submit Rate Quote" to view the calculated rate quote for your shipment.
|How can I use my templates or previous rate quotations?
You must log on to the ABF website with your ABF account number and password. If you need a password, follow the link on the home page to the password request page or contact your ABF account manager.
Can I get a rate quotation based on my specific pricing?
Yes. You must log on to the ABF website with your ABF account number and password. If you need a password, follow the link on the home page to the password request page or contact your ABF account manager.
- I've logged on and I'm still not getting my specific pricing when I do a rate quotation. What do I do?
- Contact your ABF Account Manager or the ABF Help Desk at (+SHAREDDATA HelpDeskPhoneNum+).
- I'm getting an error message that says "Invalid Shipper/Consignee city, state, and zip combination. Select from the list below or reenter." What do I do?
- The information that you entered does not match our information for that particular city, state, and zip combination. A city list and/or zip list will appear below the origin/destination city and state. Select from the list(s) or re-enter your city information.
- How can I fax a copy of my Rate Quotation?
- You can send a fax of your Rate Quotation by clicking Internet Explorer's "File" menu (Alt-F) and selecting the "Print" (CTRL-P) option. (You must have previously set you printer options to point to your fax machine.)
- What if I do not know the zip code or the exact name of a city?
- In all sections of the ABF website that require a location entry, you may provide a zip code or the city/state combination. If you do not know the zip code or the exact spelling of the city, enter the first few letters of the city and select the state. After you submit the form, you will be given a list of city/state combinations to match your entry.