The Status Reports tool allows you to quickly access shipment information from one report. The ABF-supplied default reports may meet many of your reporting needs, allowing you to access information on inbound, outbound, or third party freight, paid, unpaid or overdue freight bills, and delivered or undelivered shipments. You may also create detailed status reports, customized to your specific needs. Choose from a wide variety of shipment selection, data item and sort sequence options. These reports can be saved and quickly retrieved for future use.
The following information provides a step-by-step guide on how to use this feature as well as a list of common questions.
Using Status Reports
- Select a report from the "Select Report:" list. If you create a new report, it will appear in this list under the "My Custom Reports" heading.
- View a summary of the report format to make sure the selected report meets your needs.
- Click the "Run Report" button to view the selected report.
- You may delete your custom reports at any time. ABF supplied reports may not be deleted.
- Click "Show Report Options" to modify the run-time options of the report (see the Report Options section below on changing options and creating custom reports).
- Click the "Schedule Selected Report" link to setup a schedule for this report. Reports may automatically be sent to you be e-mail or placed in the secure, online Reports Inbox (see the Schedule Report section below on setting up times and dates to run your reports).
- Select "Shipment Type" to include inbound, outbound, and/or third party shipments in your report.
- Select "Freight Type" to include all, LTL, Volume, TimeKeeper, TurnKey, and/or International shipments in your report.
- The "Reference By" option allows you to change the main reference sort of the report. You may select the ABF pro number, bill of lading number, purchase order number, or customer reference number (e.g., RMA#). This selection will not alter any other sort/subtotal criteria that have been set other than the reference number.
- The "Sort By" option allows you to modify the sort options of the report. To select a new sort option, highlight the option in the list on the left and click the "->" button. The sort item will appear in the list on the right. You may setup report totals for this item and adjust the sort order from this list. To remove a sort item, select it from the list on the right and click the "<-" button.
- The "Date Range" option allows you to restrict the report by pickup date, due date, delivery date, appointment date, or no restriction.
- The "Other Options" selections allow you to perform the following functions: Full Status check to see the full status (the same you would see in tracking) of every shipment; Smart Links check to add tracking, freight bill format, expanded location, and document retrieval links to every shipment for quick access to detailed information; Greenbar check to add a green background to every other record to improve the readability of the report; Pay Online check to use the report to pay your freight bills online (only available for Unpaid or Overdue reports).
- You may filter reports by the parties (e.g., your customers, suppliers or vendors) you ship with by clicking "Select One" to select from a list of these shipping parties. If the "Select One" link is not available, click "Set up Contact Auto-load" to begin the auto-loading of your shipping contacts into your My Contacts database. It will take one day for your contact list to be updated after setting this option.
- The "Output" option allows you to view the report as a Web page (in the current window or a new one) or to download the report as an Excel spreadsheet or ASCII, comma-delimited file.
- Click the "Run Report" button to view or download the report.
- If you would like to save these options as a new report (or to save changed options for an existing custom report), click "Save Options as Report".
- For more advanced report options (e.g., restrict report by location, change report format, select additional data fields, etc.), use the Report Wizard options located at the bottom of the page.
- In the Schedule Frequency section, choose times and dates to run your reports. You may choose to run reports daily, weekly, or monthly and you can select a time by which the reports should be delivered. To make sure your reports are on time, select the time zone in which you reside.
- In the Delivery Options section, choose the method by which your reports should be delivered. You can choose between email, reports inbox, or email and reports inbox. You can also set a limit on the report size. Any reports that exceed this size will be stored in your reports inbox rather than being delivered to your email address.
- In the Report Recipients section, provide contact information for those parties receiving the report. You may choose up to three recipients.
- Click "Schedule" to submit your request or "Cancel" exit without changing the report schedule options.
- How do I create a new report?
- To create a new report based on an existing one, select a report, change the report options and click the "Save Options as Report" button. You may also use the Report Wizard to create or modify a report. To use the Report Wizard, select a report and click the "Create Like" link to create a new report based on an existing one. To create a report based on no previous settings, click the "Create New" link.
- How do I modify an existing report?
- You can only modify custom reports. However, you may change the run-time options of an ABF-supplied report and then click "Save Options as Report" button to create a new report. To modify an existing custom report, select a report, change the report options and click the "Save Options as Report" button. You may also use the Report Wizard to modify the advanced options of a report. To use the Report Wizard, select a report and click the "Modify" link to modify an existing custom report.
- How do I print a report?
- Press the "Print" button at the end of the report or "Ctrl" and "P" on your keyboard.
- How current is the data in the report?
- All status information in the report is taken from real-time sources.
- Can I trace shipments and pull documents (Bill of Lading, Proof of Delivery, etc.) from the report?
- Yes. Just select "Smart Links" from the main report page and submit your report. Hyperlinks will appear below each record that will allow you to quickly retrieve additional information about your shipment.
- How do I see the full status for every shipment?
- Select the "Show Report Options" link from the Status Reports page. Select "Full Status" under the "Other Options" section.